Thats a S*@t ton of Elk!

From our living room.
Yesterday (Sunday) was a pretty relaxing day, just trying to recover from the trip out and such.  Zach and I just hung out for a bit and started contemplation what we wanted to do this week and waited for our gracious host Molly to return so we could say "Hi" and such.  Around lunch time we ran into town and I ended up renting a set of cross country skis and boots because the set I had bought haven't arrived yet, and the pair that I borrowed I couldn't rent a set of shoes for.  After that we drove around town exploring a bit, and I tell you what, its such a nice little town/city/whatever you want to call it.  As we were driving around we found a road that led back into the Elk Refuge, and talk about some elk, hence my title to this post.  The road we drove down couldn't have been more than a couple miles long but it had some spectacular views!  

View of Jackson
Heading back into the Elk Refuge

Driving along
All those little dots are elk!
Zack taking photos
So after taking way to many pictures of the landscape and elk we headed back into town to explore a bit then back to the house.  We then decided to test out our skiing legs and went to the local high school, more or less next door, and used their groomed skiing track to practice skiing and getting Lona used to the idea.  

Zach and Lona trying to ski
Later on in the evening Molly (our awesome host) had some neighbors over and had a pizza party.  They made some awesome, I mean awesome, homemade pizza and some good local beer and some great conversations.  After the night slowed down we all called it a night.  What a day!  I don't think I could have asked for a better start to vacation.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Have Learned Working in The Funeral Service

Racing in the Lone Star State