It's too nice outside

So here I am sitting at work in a temperature controlled building while many people that I know are out and about enjoying the warm sunny weather!!!  Good for you all, poo poo for me.  Oh well.  One of these days I will get to enjoy and nice day off and hopefully be able to get out on the bicycle and actually ride outside, I really don't care if its on the mt. bike or road bike.  At least though once or some times twice a week I have been going to a spin class at the local gym to at least try and keep my cyclist legs during the cold weather.   
 
As far as how things are going out here in gods country, things are going pretty well.  I am working more that I care too, I shouldn't complain though because some people cant find one job and I have two...greedy me.  As far as that goes though, I have a job interview tomorrow morning with Franklin County Communications office.  This job is a dispatching job; some days I would take 911 calls, some days I would be an EMS dispatcher, some days I would be a fire department dispatcher, and some days I would be a police dispatcher.  This job is a better alternative to where I am at now.  Also as some of you know I had the Oral Board for PA liquor enforcement last Sunday but I will not hear anything about that for about a month, and once I do hear something I will just find out if I will be moving onto the next selection step or not.  I hope though if I get the job with the 911 center that I will be able to cut back to just one job and this will be great, only 40 hours a week, more pay than having the two jobs that I do now and I will actually have 2 days off a week!  Over the next year if the job market doesn't improve much and the state job falls through then next year starting in January I might take the Act 120 course offered by HACC (Harrisburg Area Community College).  This is what is used in most cases as a police academy and gives you a certification to be a Police Officer.  They have two options that you can sign up for, a part time academy or full time academy; the part time is 2 nights and a Saturday a week which lasts from January to December or the full time is like 4 months Mon-Fri and you are not allowed to work.  I would go for the part time option because I would be paying for it and I would need the income of a job.  If I go this route this would give me the option to walk into most police departments in the state and could get hired a lot easier for part time or full time positions.  With the Act 120 I could start with a department and go right into field training! 
 
Well that's it for now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Have Learned Working in The Funeral Service

Racing in the Lone Star State